One of the SLXtreme 7’s main features is its IP-68 rating for water and dust protection. But before you take your phone out into the water, you should perform a test to ensure that your case is watertight.
What are you going to need for this waterproofing test?
- An unpackaged SLXtreme 7 iPhone case (also works for previous SLXtreme models)
- A fillable sink
- A mug or other weighted object
- A napkin or other paper product
4 steps to verify your case is water tight
2. Unhook the two side latches of your SLXtreme 7 iPhone case.
3. Place a napkin or other paper product into the phone case
4. Close the case and place it facing down in a completely filled sink. Place the mug, or other weighted object on top of the phone case so that it is weighed down. Leave the case sitting for fifteen minutes.
5. After fifteen minutes, remove the case from the sink and remove the napkin from the case. The napkin should be dry to have passed the water testing. If not, please contact customer support at support@SnowLizardProducts.com